What is a valid receipt?
After making a payment with your Spendesk virtual or physical card, or requesting a reimbursement, you will have to attach a receipt to your purchase. This document is a legal requirement for accounting and tax purposes.
A receipt or proof of purchase is a document provided by the merchant as record of your purchase of goods or services.
A valid receipt must include the following information:
- - The date of the purchase
- - The name and address of the supplier
- - The description of the items purchased including individual prices and quantities
- - The VAT if applicable
- - The total price
Credit card tickets, trip or ride details, order forms, purchase orders ARE NOT valid receipts.
- Spendesk mobile app: snap a picture of your receipt
- On Spendesk.com: drag and drop the receipt on the related payment
- By email: reply to the Payment Confirmation Email with your receipt attached
- By email: forward your receipt by email to
If the merchant won't give you a receipt, or if you lost it, you still need to report it in Spendesk. Click on the link "Can't provide a receipt" in the payment panel and select the reason.