Step 1: Getting ready to integrate with Xero
This article represents the first step towards being able to push your Spendesk expenses to Xero.
Create a Spendesk bank account in Xero
If you haven't already done it in Xero, you first need to create a new bank account for your Spendesk account.
- - In Xero, navigate to [Accounting > Advanced > Chart of accounts]
- - Click on "Add bank account":
- - Then, enter "Spendesk" (or any name that makes sense to you) in the search bar.
- - By default, there shouldn't be any known result. Click on "Add it anyway":
- - Finally, enter the details of this account:
- - Choose the account name
- - Select the "Other" Account Type
- - Fill in the Account Number field and pick the correct currency
That's all for now!
In the next tutorial, you'll learn how to connect Spendesk to Xero.