Step 3: Importing expenses into Datev Unternehmen Online
This is the third step of our tutorial to use Spendesk with Datev Unternehmen Online. Click here to see the previous article about Synchronising expenses with Datev Belegtransfer.
This final part covers:
- - Verify that your expenses have been properly pushed
- - Check the expenses in Unternehmen Online
🔎 Check that your expenses have been properly pushed
- After receiving the previous message, you can log in back to Unternehmen Online. You may need to use your SmartLogin application to get access to Unternehmen Online.
- You can then click on the Documents menu item on the panel on the left hand-side. This will open a new page. Now, several actions can be done:
- You can verify that all your expenses have been properly pushed to Unternehmen Online by clicking on the Protokolle button on the right hand-side navigation:
- When the popup window opens, click on the Import sub-section, and then on the Importprotokoll anzeigen button
- Select the appropriate period, then click on Anzeigen:
- Finally, you should see a table listing all the expenses that have been imported for this period, including their status after the import:
Here are the 3 different statuses you will encounter:
- ✅ A green checkmark means that everything went well during the ZIP import
- ❓ A yellow question mark means that something non-blocking happened, but it didn't prevent the expenses from being imported.
- ❌ A red cross means that the .ZIP archive could not be processed due to a critical error. Please get back to us if this happens!
📚 Check the expenses in Unternehmen Online
Click on the Documents menu located on the navigation panel in the panel on the left hand-side. From there, you can either:
- select to access your expenses, for your internal department.
- or send your expenses to your external tax consultant.
Accessing your expenses for an internal accounting department
- Click on the Anzeigen button to quickly get access to your expenses:
Sending expenses to an external accountant
To send your expenses to your external consultant:
- Click on the BereitStellen section.
- Select the correct time period
- - Click on Lieferantenbelege bereitstellen:
- From there, please tick the boxes of the expenses you want to validate and click on Markierte Stapel bereitstellen:
- Finally, you should be redirected towards the 'documents' list, where you will see your Spendesk expenses.
- - You can double-click on each of the expenses on the list to get access to their details, including the receipt.
🔭 Final words
You should now be able to import your Spendesk expenses to Datev Unternehmen Online through Belegtransfer! Feel free to get in touch with us if you face any issues during the process described above.