Understanding and enabling the Mileage Claim feature
Using the Mileage Claim, requires our Expense feature. To learn more, please get in touch with your Customer Success Manager.
What are Mileage Claims?
Mileage Claims allow you to get reimbursed by your employer anytime you use your personal vehicle for a business-related trip.
If you use your personal vehicle for work, you can claim a mileage allowance. However, you cannot claim a mileage allowance if you use a company car.
What is covered?
Mileage Claims usually cover things like:
- - Fuel,
- - Servicing & Repairs,
- - Car Insurance,
- - Depreciation (i.e. A vehicle’s decreasing value over time.)
Mileage claims do not cover incidental expenses such as tolls & parkings.
How to use the Mileage feature
- - Head over to the [“Requests”] tab
- - In the top right hand corner, press the [“Make a new request”] button
- - Select [“Request a reimbursement”]
- - At the bottom, select [“Mileage Allowance”]
- - Fill in the details related to your trip
- - The mileage allowance will be calculated automatically based on the distance of your trip and your local regulation.
- - Submit your request.
- - Approvers can then approve or reject the expense as usual.
For more information, please refer to our videos below:
For companies based in France: Making a Mileage Claim (FR)
For companies based elsewhere: Making a Mileage Claim (EN/Itnl)
For more information about Mileage Claims, we invite you to read your local documentation:
If you’d like us to add more details for a different country, please get in touch via email@example.com