Request a per diem allowance
Using the per diem allowance requires our Expense feature. To learn more, please get in touch with your Customer Success Manager.
This guide is tailored for users with a requester role.
👉To approve and reimburse per diem allowance as a controller, check our next page.
Making a per diem allowance
- - Click on "Make a new request" button
- - Select "Request a reimbursement"
- - Choose "Per diem allowance" at the bottom of the side panel
Inputting trip information - trip within Germany
The first step for requesting a per diem meal allowance is to add trip information.
Step 1 - trip information
- - Enter the description of the trip
- - Input origin of the trip, for example, "Berlin, Germany" or your office's address
- - Enter the destination's address within Germany e.g. "Rent 24 Berlin"
- - Enter the date and time the trip begins. This is when the travelling employee begins their trip.
- - Enter the date and time the trip concludes. This is when the travelling employee returns home/to normal place of work.
- - Add a trip description describing the purpose of the trip so that a manager can approve it
- - Add any custom field values required
- - Click next
Step 2 - additional settings
- - If the requester was required to spend the night away from home, and no accommodation was provided by their employer, they may select the "hotel allowance" option to be reimbursed for their accommodation.
- - Important: select any meal deductions. A requester must declare any meals they received during their trip at no cost.
For example, if their company paid for a hotel that included free breakfast, they would need to declare that so that their meal allowance is reduced.
- - Submit the request.
Inputting trip information - trip with multiple destinations
To make a request for a trip with multiple destinations, click the "Add destination" button in the form.
Viewing per diem request and approval
You can then click on your per diem request, like mileage claims, to view the amount we calculated for that request. You are then free to cancel the request or wait for it to be approved by your manager.