Review and reimburse expense claims
Here's how Spendesk can help you manage expense claims:
- - A Requester submits his/her expense claims on Spendesk.
- - Account owners or Team Approvers (Standard plans only) approve or reject them.
- - Account owners or Controllers verify and validate the claims.
- - Export a .CSV/XML SEPA file to reimburse your employees in batches.
- - Prepare your payments.
- - Export your payments to your accounting software.
Verify and validate the claims
When a manager approves an expense claims request, it appears under the Expense Claims > Review tab. Accounting and Finance teams can review all related information prior to reimbursing the claim.
All expense claims waiting to be reimbursed are in the Review tab. From this tab, controllers can easily validate or reject claims, and even handle multiple expense claims at once.
Reimburse your employees
Once Expense Claims are marked as "reviewed", they move to the Expense Claims > Reimburse tab.
There are 3 ways to reimburse your employees:
- - Reimburse them by wire transfer directly with Spendesk (Standard plans only).
- - Export an XML SEPA file.
- - Export a .csv file.
When you export the list of expense claims to be reimbursed by your bank, they are automatically marked as paid in Spendesk. However, you can always keep a trace of the expenses that were previously paid by navigating to the History tab. This tab contains all details of previously reimbursed expenses.
Reimbursed expense claims then move over to the Payments section, with the rest of your Spendesk payments.
Quick video overview :