Approving or rejecting expense requests
This article is written for approvers within a company or a team. Spending policies do not apply to expense claims and must always be validated by approvers.
As an Approver, you have the power to accept or reject expenses submitted by your coworkers.
- - You can find Expenses to review under the Requests tab. By default they will be shown as pending.
- - Select the expense you'd like to review
- - Review the information provided
- - If needed, amend the description and/or any other information.
- - Click on Edit amount to reimburse if you'd like to review the amount to be reimbursed.
Then, you should be able to:
- - ✅ Accept the expense by clicking on Approve Request.
- - ❌ Decline the expense by clicking on Deny Request. You should be able to provide a reason for this denial. A weekly email will be sent to the member who submitted the expense, notifying them of their expense status.
From there, they will appear in the Expense claims > To review tab, for controllers to review and reimburse. Once reimbursed (by XML SEPA file sent to the bank, or whenever the controller performs the operation on their side), accepted expense claims appear in Payments.
You should be notified every week about any pending expenses waiting to be reviewed!
📱You can also use the Spendesk mobile app to accept or deny expenses on the go!
☝️ You can now reimburse your employees via Spendesk, for EUR accounts, by downloading an XML SEPA file that you can share with your bank. See how to!
Good to know:
☝️As an approver, you cannot accept your own expense. Another approver from the team will be notified and approve or not the expense.