Approving/Rejecting expense requests
This article is written for Approvers within a company or a team.
As an Approver, you have the power to accept or reject expenses submitted by your coworkers.
- - You can find Expenses to review under the ["Requests"] tab. By default they will be shown as "Pending".
- - Select the expense you'd like to review
- - Review the information provided
- - If needed, amend the description and/or any other information.
- - Click on ["Edit amount to reimburse"] if you'd like to review the amount to be reimbursed.
Then, you should be able to:
- - ✅ Accept the expense by clicking on ["Approve Request"].
- - ❌ Decline the expense by clicking on ["Deny Request"]. You should be able to provide a reason for this denial. A weekly email will be sent to the member who submitted the expense, notifying them of their expense status.
You should be notified every week about any pending expenses waiting to be reviewed!
📱You can also use the Spendesk mobile app to accept or deny expenses on the go!
☝️ We are currently working on a way to reimburse employees directly from Spendesk. In the meantime, you can download a recap of your employees' expenses and proceed with the transfer from your usual bank account.
Good to know:
As an approver, you cannot accept your own expense. Another approver from the team will be notified and approve or not the expense.