Step 3: Exporting payments to Xero
Pushing your expenses
To push your Spendesk expenses, head over on [Payments > to export]. From this page, you should see all the expenses (payments, refunds, expense claims) that need to be accounted.
There are two options for you:
- Pushing expenses one by one,
- or pushing expenses in bulk.
Pushing expenses one by one
If you only have a handful on expenses to push to Xero, you can manually click on the "Push to Xero" button:
- - The expense will then move to the [Payments > exported] section.
- - From the central panel offering you more information, you can click on the "[...] is complete in Xero" link.
- - This opens a new tab with more information related to the Xero invoice related to this expense.
If you've made a mistake, you can also delete it from Xero.
If any error occurred, please refer to the [Troubleshooting and error messages] section of this tutorial.
Push expenses in bulk
If you're doing your monthly / quarterly / annual accounting closure, you may have hundreds of expenses to review, validate, and push to Xero.
- You can push them to Xero in bulk by clicking on the "Export" button in the top-right hand corner of the [Payments > to export] page:
- - Once you click on the Export button, you should see a popup form to select the timeframe of your choosing: the previous month, or from a custom period.
- - Then, click on the "Push to Xero" button in the center of the modal:
Similar to pushing one expense at a time, all the expenses from the selected period will then move from to the [Payments > exported] section.
That's it for now. The next article in this series is all about our [Troubleshooting tips] and the common errors you might encounter.