You successfully managed to connect Xero on your Spendesk account, it's now time to push your payments! 😉
To do so, validate payments you'd like to push using the sub tab "To validate" from your "Payments" tab then click on "Push to Xero" in the sub tab "To export".
🤓 At the top of the payment panel you will have a clear message stating the statut of this payment on Xero with a direct link to Xero:
- if a payment has successfully gone through to Xero, then at the top of the panel payment you will see the message "The payment is complete on Xero" with a direct link to it🎉.
- if a payment has been pushed as a draft bill to Xero (e.g. no receipt), the message will state so accordingly, and you will have a link to "Update this payment in Xero" so that a finalized "account transaction" is created in Xero ✍️.
- if, for some reason, you tried to push payments to Xero and something goes wrong (e.g. incomplete information), then these payments will display a little warning icon in the listing and the message at the top of each payment panel will state "Something went wrong when exporting this payment to Xero. Please check that the payment is complete and try again". Again you will have a direct link to "Re-export this payment" 🛠.
🚨 For cases 2 and 3, bear in mind that you can either:
- complete payments' missing information in Spendesk ("Accounting" tab and/or "Payments" tab > "Exported" tab) then click on "update to Xero"
- or directly complete in Xero the payment information by manually editing or adding the payment in Xero (see video below) then click on "mark it as complete" in Spendesk. It won't create duplicates 🤓
🤓 Need some help to manually add a payment in Xero from the "draft" or "awaiting payment" section ? Have a look at our video:
These error messages will be displayed in the Exported tab of the Payment Inbox feature, if it has been activated on your account.