Articles in this section
How to push/export payments from Spendesk to Xero?
You successfully managed to connect Xero on your Spendesk account, it's now time to push your payments! 😉
To do so, validate payments you'd like to push using the sub tab "To validate" from your "Payments" tab then click on "Push to Xero" in the sub tab "To export".
☝️You shouldn't be pushing too many payments at a time, no more than 10. It is best to push them one by one.
🤓 Once payments have been exported (Exported tab) you will have a clear message stating the status of this payment on Xero with a direct link to Xero:
- if a payment has successfully gone through to Xero, then at the top of the panel payment you will see the message "The payment is complete on Xero" with a direct link to it🎉.
- if a payment has been pushed as a draft bill to Xero (e.g. no receipt), the message will state so accordingly, and you will have a link to "Update this payment in Xero" so that a finalized "account transaction" is created in Xero ✍️.
- if, for some reason, you tried to push payments to Xero and something goes wrong (e.g. incomplete information), then these payments will display a little warning icon in the listing and the message at the top of each payment panel will state "Something went wrong when exporting this payment to Xero. Please check that the payment is complete and try again". Again you will have a direct link to "Re-export this payment" 🛠.
🚨 For cases 2 and 3, bear in mind that you can either:
- complete the payments missing information in Spendesk ("Accounting" tab and/or "Payments" tab > "Exported" tab) then click on "update to Xero"
- or directly complete in Xero the payment information by manually editing or adding the payment in Xero (see video below) then click on "mark it as complete" in Spendesk. It won't create duplicates 🤓
✨ You need to delete from Xero a payment you've just exported/pushed from Spendesk? We made it possible to do so directly from Spendesk. Simply click on "Delete from Xero" and confirm it so that the related payment goes back to the "To export" tab for you to be able to amend it and/or push it again.
🤓 Need some help to manually add a payment in Xero from the "draft" or "awaiting payment" section ? Have a look at our video:
These error messages will be displayed in the Exported tab of the Payment Inbox feature, if it has been activated on your account.