You'll find here some useful advice to better manage all your travel bookings using Spendesk such as hotels, train rides, flights, bus, car rentals as well as some specific suppliers 👍
1. Do I need to present the card used to make the payment?
You might need to present the card used to make the payment if you chose to:
- retrieve your ticket at a station or at the airport when checking-in
- pay at the hotel
🤓 If you chose to use a one-off payment card:
- choose e-ticket or forward your ticket via mail,
- confirm with your booking agency/airline company/hotel that you don't need to present your card before take-off/ at your arrival etc.
👌 If you chose to use your Spendesk plastic card, just present it when you're asked to.
2. Do I need the card to be valid at the time of service?
Some suppliers require your card to be valid until after your trip so they can charge for extras (if there are any). If you make the booking with a one-off payment virtual card more than one month in advance, it may not be accepted.
🤓 Create a subscription card ("New request" > select "Recurring"). Those cards are valid for 4 years and can be used for recurring payments. Simply make your payment with this card and delete it once the payment has been settled (i.e. it appears in the "Payments" tab, in the payments of the month section).
3. How to deal with suppliers charging card multiple times?
Some suppliers might charge your cards multiple times until the purchase is completed (e.g. at the time of the booking then again after the booking has been made etc.). This might also be the case for specific suppliers such as Apple, marketplaces such as Amazon or any other comparison shopping websites that may use subcontractors. In this specific case, if you make the payment with a one-off payment virtual card then it may not go through.
🤓 Simply create a subscription card ("New request" > select "Recurring") to complete your purchase. For more information, have a look at our dedicated article.
✨ Upcoming : we'll soon offer cards with customizable validity periods!