Articles in this section
Understanding which merchant charged my card
Why is there a nominal amount in my Payments tab?
Why is my card declined at toll booths & parkings?
Paying at an Automatic Gas Station / Fuel Pump
Why was my transaction cancelled?
About FX fees
How to fill out your VAT in Spendesk?
How can I get the card information after I made the payment?
Can I use Paypal with my Spendesk card?
On the merchant's site, simply choose to pay with Spendesk using Paypal - no need to connect to a Paypal account - and you can enter your card number to proceed with the transaction.
If you already have a Paypal account:
If you already have a Paypal account, the best way to pay with Spendesk is to register your card on to your Paypal account and ensure that you select to be billed in the currency set up on the seller's invoice. This is a good way to avoid extra conversion fees from Paypal.
To do so:
- - Log in to your Paypal account.
- - Click on the Settings icon 
- - Navigate to the Payments tab 
- - Under the Automatic Payments section, click on View 
- - In the left hand-side, click on the link redirecting you to the 'Manage Automatic Payments' page.
- - You should be on the 'My Preapproved Payments' page.
- - Click on 'Select Available Funding Sources'
- - Then, select the Conversion Options
- - Finally, select the option to get billed 'in the currency listed on the seller's invoice'.
If you don't currently have a PayPal account:
If you don't currently have a Paypal account, you can still pay directly with your Spendesk card:
- On the merchant's website, select Paypal and proceed to checkout.
- Once you've been redirected to Paypal's login page, select the option to Pay with a card.
- Enter your billing information, but make sure to tick the No Thanks option when Paypal asks you if you'd like to create an account.
- - If Paypal shows a currency conversion option, select to Pay in the merchant's currency.
Paypal may recognize that our cards are English cards and automatically switch currencies to GBP. If you're paying in a different currency from GBP, you might have to manually switch to the correct currency on Paypal.
To switch currencies before completing your payment, click on ["Display Currencies Conversion"], select ["Convert"] with your card issuer currency, click on ["Accept" > "Confirm Payment"].
If you are using Paypal to pay for a recurring service, in a foreign currency, please get in touch with them here.
If you're using Paypal for the first time, they may require a 4-digit verification code. You can find this code in your Spendesk account:
- Look under the [Payments] tab
- Select the correct payment
- Click on 'Show Transaction Description'