Setting up a Spending Policy
A spending policy lets you control how much a member can spend in one transaction and in one month without any approval. Only account administrators (Account Owner or Administrator) can set it up.
🚨 The spending policy applies to requests for new virtual cards (available in the ["Requests"] tab) or to top-up requests for plastic cards (on top of or instead of your monthly budget).
There are two ways of setting up policies in Spendesk:
For each member:
- - Under ["Settings" > "Members"], select a member.
- - Click on ["Edit Profile"] then head down to the Policy Section
- - Choose the right policy in the dropdown list.
- - If none of the existing policies fits, choose ["Custom"] and manually enter the desired amount per transaction and desired amount per month.
If you'd like to give more flexibility to your coworkers, you can set a higher amount per transaction/month.
However, if you'd like to have more control over their spending, then set their policy to 0€ per transaction/month. In that instance, any request will have to be approved beforehand.
At the company level, for multiple individuals at a time:
- - Head over to ["Settings" > "Members" > "Policies"]
- - Then, choose the name of your policy and edit the amount per transaction and per month.
- - In addition, you can directly add members that you already know should follow this spending policy.