Set up an approval flow within a team
This article is specific to Account Owners and Administrators.
After you've created a team, chosen a Team Manager, and added members inside this team, you will need be able to add Team Approvers within this team.
An Approver is in charge of approving/denying requests based on a pre-defined threshold within the selected team.
To set up an approval flow:
- - Head over to the Teams tab under ["Settings" > "Members" > "Teams"]
- - Select the team for which you'd like to add Approvers.
- - Click on "Manage" next to the Approvers section
- - You can then set the threshold.
- - Keep in mind that anytime the request is higher than the threshold, Team Approvers receive a notification detailing the nature of the request and the name of the requester.
- - By default, it is the Account Owner who'll be notified in order to approve all requests that require an approbation.
- - You can add as many approvers as you'd like to, regardless of their role(s), in the selected team. Several approvers can be set up to approve for the same amount.
- - You can add an approver to a selected team even though the approver isn't a member of this team.
- - When needed, any approver can delegate their approval rights. To enable this, they will need to navigate to their avatar. From there, look under ["My profile" > "Delegate approval rights"]. Click on "Delegate your approval rights temporarily while you're on leave" and follow the instructions.
It's possible to add a double approval flow (i.e. for the same threshold amount, two members will be notified one after another to approve the same request). To enable this feature, please reach out to our support team via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Approval flow applies to both virtual cards and plastic ones (e.g. ["Cards" tab > "Top-Up"] in additional or instead of using a monthly budget).