Making a payment using a virtual card
- - Go to your account and click on "Requests"
- - Then "Make a New Request" > "Request a Virtual Card"
- - You can choose between a single-use card and a recurring payments card.
- - Fill in the information related to your request
- - When you're ready, click on "Confirm my request"
- Once you've successfully submitted your request, it will either be automatically approved or sent to approval depending on your spending policy. You should receive an email notification once approved.
- Once your request has been approved, head back to the "Requests" tab.
- Click on "Get card".
- Pay online as usual.
Bear in mind that Spendesk cards are preloaded thus suppliers can only charge what's loaded on the card (no overdraft allowed). This is why you should always request a bit more money than what's will be charged in the end. Don't worry extra funds will be back on your main account following the transaction settlement by the merchant.
We consider that using a subscription card engages the cardholder for quite a long time (valid for 4 years) and give them the ability to make multiple payments within a chosen budget that he can amend (increase or decrease accordingly). This is the reason why, irrespective of your individual spending policy, whenever you request a subscription card it needs to be approved.
Download our Chrome extension: it allows you to generate a Spendesk card directly onto the merchant's website.