Making a payment using a virtual card
- - In the Spendesk interface, click on [Requests]
- - Then ["Make a New Request" > "Request a Virtual Card"]
- - You can choose between a single-use card and a recurring payments card.
- - Single-Use is self-explanatory: you will only use this type of card for a single payment.
- - For more details about Recurring Payments card, see this article.
- - Fill in the information related to your request
- - When you're ready, click on [Confirm my request]
- Once you've successfully submitted your request, you may have to wait for an approval from a team member.
- - You should receive an email notification once your request has been approved.
- Once your request has been approved, head back to the "Requests" tab.
- Click on [Get card].
- You should be able to pay online.
Once your card is debited, the payment will automatically appear in your payments of the month section.
🚨 Bear in mind that Spendesk cards are prepaid thus suppliers can only charge what's loaded on the card (no overdraft allowed). This is why you should always request a bit more money than what's will be charged in the end. Don't worry extra funds will be back on your main account following the transaction settlement by the merchant.
☝️ We consider that using a subscription card engages the cardholder for quite a long time (valid for 4 years) and give him/her the ability to make multiple payments within a chosen budget that he can amend (increase or decrease accordingly). This is the reason why, irrespective of your individual spending policy, whenever you request a subscription card it needs to be approved.