All about roles
Each Spendesk member can have one or multiple roles, giving them access to specific features on the platform:
- Account owners have access to everything on the platform (they're the big boss).
- Administrators can set up the account: they're able to change spending policies, add or delete team members, invite users etc.
- Controllers have access to all accounting features. They get to see all the company's requests and payments, account balance, they're able to extract account statements, set up accounting codes, send receipt reminders etc.
- A Requester is only able to make payments.
You can find out about your role and spending policy in your profile settings.
It's important not to confuse these roles with specific authorizations given by either the account owner or administrator to members, such as being a team manager or a team approver.
There's only one account owner per Spendesk account. The account owner can transfer their role (i.e. give up this role) to another member. To do so:
- - Their avatar (in the top right hand corner)
- - My profile > Transfer your rights
- - Click on Transfer your account/organisation ownership permanently