All about Roles
Each Spendesk member can have one or multiple roles, giving them access to specific features on the platform:
- An Account Owner has access to everything on the platform (they're the big boss)
- An Administrator can set-up the account: they're able to change spending policies, team composition, invite users etc.
- A Controller has access to all accounting features: they have access to all the company's payments, account balance, they're able to extract account statements, set-up accounting codes, send receipt reminders etc.
- A Requester is only able to make payments
You can find out about your role and spending policy in your profile settings.
It's important not to confuse these roles with specific authorizations given by either the Account Owner or Administrator to members, such as being a Team manager or a Team approver.
There's only one Account Owner per Spendesk account. The Account Owner can transfer their role (i.e. give up this role) to another member. To do so:
- - Their avatar (in the top right hand corner)
- - ["My profile" > "Transfer your rights"]
- - Click on ["Transfer your account/organisation ownership permanently"]