Connecting and Setting Up Xero
If the "Connect" button isn't displayed under the "Accounting" tab, please reach out to the support team at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we enable the Xero feature on your account.
Once enabled, you should be able to go through the steps outlined in this article to set up Xero with Spendesk in just a few minutes.
With Spendesk, you can easily integrate all of your accounting data directly into Xero, in just 3 steps.
Step One: from Xero
First of all, you will have to make sure that you have created a bank account in Xero, to match your Spendesk wallet:
- - In Xero, select ["Account" > "Add a bank account"]
- - Type "Spendesk"
- - Click on "Add it Anyway"
- - Under ["Account Name"], type in "Spendesk"
- - Under ["Account Type"], select "Other"
- - Fill out your Spendesk account number
Step Two: from the "Accounting" tab in Spendesk
- - Head back to your Spendesk account,
- - Navigate to ["Settings" > "Accounting"]
- - Select ["Connect to Xero"]
- - Select "Spendesk" from the drop-down menu
- - Fill out the related info under "Spendesk bank account"
- - Select the ["VAT Settings"] section
- - Finally, please match Spendesk's VAT natures (using the default ones and your own customized ones) with your corresponding VAT accounts from Xero.
Step Three: from the "Payments" tab in Spendesk
- - Navigate over to ["Payments" > "To Validate"] tab.
- - You can click on each payment to assign the right spending nature
- - Once you're done assigning payments, head over to the ["To Export"] section
- - Click on ["Push to Xero"].
- - You can push one payment at a time or several payments at once (simply tick the box on each payment line and click on the "push to Xero" button when you've selected your chosen payments.)
The payments will create "paid bills" in Xero. They'll appear as paid by your Spendesk bank account in Xero. Other related receipts should also be imported into Xero.
If you need to push a payment to Xero with a "lost" receipt, it will be pushed as a complete payment rather than a draft bill.
For more information, check out our dedicated article on how to push payments from Spendesk to Xero.