1. Set up the accounting codes of your basic accounts
Go to your Settings (Settings > Accounting) and start by adding the accounting code corresponding to:
- Your Spendesk "bank" account
- Your bank account from which you make transfers
- Your VAT account
2. Assign accounting codes to spending natures
For each nature of payment, you can map your own accounting codes. For example for the "Travel" category.
3. Add if needed your own natures
To add a nature fitting your needs, you can click on "Add a new custom nature" and the corresponding account.
4. Check and edit the nature of your payments
Spendesk automatically allocates a nature to each payment based on the merchant classification made by Mastercard. You can obviously edit this nature if it doesn't seem valid.
Just a few tips: you can filter payment by nature to easily check nature allocation and filter by supplier to make a bulk edit of the nature (see picture below).
Click on the image to zoom.
5. Export 🎉
Select the payments you want to export, click on "download" and just open your purchase journal!