Easily set-up your expense accounts, VAT accounts and related accounting codes in Spendesk, export them in a file that you'll be able to integrate into your bookkeeping software!
1. Set up the accounting codes of your basic accounts
Go to your Settings (Settings > Accounting) and start by adding the accounting code corresponding to:
- Your Spendesk "bank" account
- Your bank account from which you make transfers from
- Your VAT accounts
2. Assign expense accounts to accounting codes
You can choose amongst two types of expense accounts that you'll be able to match with your accounting codes.
You have the choice between:
- pre-default expense account names, based on Mastercard merchant's classification, created to be automatically allocated to related payments' accounting codes
- and/or add your own expense account names by clicking on "Create custom expense account" and match them with corresponding accounting codes
☝️ Activate / de-activate expense accounts (pre-default or customized ones) by turning the left button in green ("on") or grey ("off"). Delete your own expense account by clicking on the 🗑 symbol.
3. Check and edit expense accounts to all of your payments
Expense accounts will be allocated to payments that have been made. They can only be changed by "Controller" and "Account Owner" in the "Payments" tab.
Expense accounts can be allocated:
- automatically if you turned "on" and filled out pre-default expense accounts that you can edit in the "Payments" tab if needed
- manually if you created and turned "on" your own expense accounts on each payment
✨ Coming: soon you'll be able to automatically match your own expense accounts to any payments that has been made
🤓 If the Payment inbox feature is activated on your account, use it to edit then validate payments' information and related expense accounts. By using the bulk edit option in the "To validate" section, edit payments' information in group, which can also combine using the filter option.
Otherwise, you can filter payments according to one or several criteria, including expense account to edit payments in group.
4. Export payments in purchase journal 🎉
Export account statements in a .csv or .pdf format either: