My payment was declined: what should I do?
If your payment was declined, don't panic: you will not be debited for this payment.
Here's what happened:
- - The supplier made an authorization on your card to check that the card was valid and had enough funds.
- - This is a normal procedure. Most of the time, the debited transaction will show up on your account statement a few days later.
- - This authorization typically triggers an email from Spendesk regarding your payment.
- - The payment should appear in the "Pending transactions" section. It is currently processed by the merchant.
- - Following this authorization process, the merchant will either debit your card and settle the payment, or they will refuse it.
- - If the payment is debited correctly, it will appear in your payments of the month.
- - Otherwise, the merchant will let the authorization expire (it can take up to 18 days). The payment won't be debited :)
🚨 Spendesk works exactly the same as a bank account. We display the following transactions:
- - Transactions being processed or refused by the merchant show up under the "Pending Transactions" section of your ["Payments"] tab.
- - Transactions that were charged by the merchant show up under the "Payments of the month" section of your ["Payments"] tab