Your payment might have been refused because of several reasons:
- Your pre-paid card isn't sufficiently loaded with funds, that's why your payment was declined. What can you do? Have a look at this dedicated articles to get an idea on how you could reload cards or make new request when needed to: single purchase card, subscription card, plastic card.
- The card information could be wrong. Double check that the card number, expiration date, CVV, and card type (Mastercard) are all filled out correctly on the supplier's website.
- Your billing address may not match the billing address associated with your Spendesk card. In order to check the correct one, create a new request and generate a virtual card: the right billing address should appear below the card.
- Your transaction may exceed the maximum amount that you can spend with a Spendesk card.
- The merchant doesn't accept prepaid cards and/or triggered the 3D secure which isn't currently supported on our cards.
✨ From September 2018 onwards, we'll offer you a new debit card program with 3D secure integrated.
- 😔 It might happen that the supplier didn't correctly set-up its payment system causing the transaction to fail, this is the case if:
- The merchant's payment terminal wasn't connected to the Internet (specific to some hotels, restaurants, airplanes, trains, toll booths & parkings).
- The merchant's payment terminal wasn't properly set-up: the wrong transaction mode was used by the merchant on the device (check out this article for more information).
- The merchant didn't correctly use the card making the transaction fail: you need to enter your card into the payment terminal and then type in the PIN code. Otherwise, if the card is swiped or not entered into the payment terminal the payment will automatically get declined!
If it is none of the above, please drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us via chat.