Using Recurring Payments cards
By default, Spendesk users make their purchases by using a Single-Use Card. However, you can use a Recurring Payments card if:
- - you are paying for regular amounts,
- - or for a recurring service (i.e. a Linkedin subscription or Google Ads, etc.),
- - or if you'd like to make recurring payments for the same supplier.
To use a Recurring Payments card:
- - Click on ["New Request" > "Request a Virtual Card" > "Recurring"]
- - Fill out the request form accordingly
- - Don't forget to mention the monthly price (budget) of your recurring payment
- - Otherwise, you can set a high budget to encompass your upcoming spending.
- - Recurring Payments cards are valid for a period of 4 years from the date of creation.
- - At the beginning of each month, card budgets are reloaded to ensure that all cards have the sufficient funds according to your monthly budget.
- - You can modify your recurring budget at any time according to your spending needs.
- - You can easily pause any recurring payments card, reactivate it, or even remove it whenever you want. To do so, tick the box next to your subscription. Any recurring payment you remove is permanently deleted.
- 1️⃣ For yearly subscriptions, we generally advise to use a recurring payments card.
- The same goes for purchases that require the card to be valid for a long(er) period of time (i.e. hotel, car rental etc.).
After paying with your recurring payments card, once the payment has been settled and appears under the [Payments] tab, you can tick the box matching your payment and select to pause it. This will prevent reloading the recurring payments card automatically next month and allowing new funds from your budget to go towards this subscription.
- 2️⃣ In certain cases, Merchants will require your card to be valid at the time of service and/or in order to be charged multiple times over a longer period of time by different subcontractors (i.e. if you're paying on a marketplace or in a hotel, for example.) In that specific case, it's best to use a recurring payments card. For more details, have a look at our dedicated article!
☝️We require an approval any time there's a request for a new recurring payments card, irrespective of any existing spending policy. This is because these cards are valid for much longer (up to 4 years) and give the user the ability to make multiple payments within a given budget that they can amend independently.
💳 Don't hesitate to have a look at our dedicated blog post: "How to manage your SaaS payments easily"
generate a virtual credit card